Engineering Development Program (ME)
Axon at its core is not a traditional engineering company but more of a start-up. We’re changing the way law enforcement uses technology today and our success depends on the top-notch engineers continually developing and improving our technologies and products. That’s where you come in. At Axon, you will take design and implement new features at the forefront of the company’s success and growth.
The Engineering Development Program is designed to train and develop new engineers so that they can do what they do best - build things. We believe it is critical that engineers have a breadth of understanding of the entire engineering process, from initial conception to product launch. Whether you’re a Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Industrial Engineer, or Manufacturing Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to cross-train in a variety of software tools and products. You will gain exposure in the following departments: R&D, Manufacturing/Operations, Quality Assurance, and related departments before settling into your final role. Each rotation will be tailored to your area of expertise to ensure optimal role to personnel fit.
Your goals in life include more than just landing a high-paying job. You do more because it matters. You’ll aim a little higher and reach a little further. And when it comes to looking for that next opportunity, you want to do work that matters. The Engineering Development Program is a opportunity not only to prepare for a rewarding and challenging career, but also to make a significant contribution to the organization and to our customers worldwide.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Prior internship or project experience in design or manufacturing engineering
- Enthusiasm for using technology to improve Public Safety and a real passion for engineering
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain technical problems in a clear and concise manner
- Self-starter who is able to solve problems with minimal oversight
- GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0 (Strong academic performance)
- Research: Conduct research on particular project by researching previous versions
- Conceptual Design: Come up with di erent ideas how to do given project and pick the simplest to make one
- CAD Design: Transfer conceptual design into the CAD design using 3D software tool
- Design Review: Review CAD design for any in-perfections and mistakes before any developing process
- Product Documentation: Make all necessary drawings of particular project for development
- Development: Develop all necessary parts. It depends on the part they can be either machined, molded, stamped etc.
- Assembly: Assemble all parts and make sure they fit together
- Testing: Conduct necessary testings to make sure products perform the way they should
- Map out a test plan and draft test methods
- Measure and analyze test samples for dimensional range/stability
- Design Test Fixtures to orientate lens during test procedure and organize/plan the manufacture of fixtures
- Coordinate resources and materials to build test samples and lead good traceability of samples
- Validate test methods, execute the full range of testing and organize/collect all data/results from testing
- Assess results/data and arrange in format to present numerical/graphical results
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary, 401K with employer match, and equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
Axon® is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran