Engineering Development Program (Quality & Supply Chain)
Axon at its core is not a traditional engineering company but more of a start-up. We’re changing the way law enforcement uses technology today and our success depends on the top-notch engineers continually developing and improving our technologies and products. That’s where you come in. At Axon, you will design and implement new features at the forefront of the company’s success and growth.
The Engineering Development Program is designed to train and develop new engineers so that they can do what they do best - build things. We believe it is critical that engineers have a breadth of understanding of the entire engineering process, from initial conception to product launch. Whether you’re a Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Industrial Engineer, or Manufacturing Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to cross-train in a variety of software tools and products. You will gain exposure in the following departments: R&D, Manufacturing/Operations, Quality Assurance, and related departments before settling into your final role. Each rotation will be tailored to your area of expertise to ensure optimal role to personnel fit.
Your goals in life include more than just landing a high-paying job. You do more because it matters. You’ll aim a little higher and reach a little further. And when it comes to looking for that next opportunity, you want to do work that matters. The Engineering Development Program is a opportunity not only to prepare for a rewarding and challenging career, but also to make a significant contribution to the organization and to our customers worldwide.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering or similar
- Prior internship or project experience in design or manufacturing engineering
- Enthusiasm for using technology to improve Public Safety and a real passion for engineering
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain technical problems in a clear and concise manner
- Self-starter who is able to solve problems with minimal oversight
- GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0 (Strong academic performance)
- Ensuring that new products are tested thoroughly and follow the phase gate process before release
- Finding root cause on issues with released products
- Planning the shipments of components and materials to ensure steady production levels
- Assist in identifying categories most suitable for conducting an RFP
- Provide multiple proposal scenarios based on price, as well as additional services offered by suppliers
- Determine category recommendation for RFP
- Identify risks that may be associated with switching suppliers
- Perform RFP
- Analyze proposals, generate scorecard matrix, and provide recommendation for suppliers
- Gather relevant information that is necessary for RFP process, analyze current spend, review proposals to level set expectation, compare suppliers, and execute on RFP
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary, 401K with employer match, and equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
Axon® is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran