Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Axon is looking for a Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion who will champion, promote, and lead our strategic efforts and be responsible for helping craft a truly diverse workforce and inclusive culture, where all employees can bring their authentic selves to work, feel like they belong and are valued, and work in an environment that celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences. This individual will report to the SVP of People Operations and partner closely with the Axon Executive team, board of affinity group cross collaborators, Business Heads, HR, and ERG leaders.
The new Director will ensure we develop a road-map that increases Axon’s representation, foster a culture of inclusion and awareness, and drive equity and fairness in all that we do. As a champion of inclusion, she/he will develop meaningful relationships with our employee population, and will help amplify their voices.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remotely from US OR Onsite any of offices 5 days a week OR a combination
Reports to: SVP of People Operations
Direct Reports: 1-2 Program Managers
- Design and implement a holistic, global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) strategy by identifying key opportunities and gaps. Develop a multi year road-map with key metrics and commitments to build a culture of inclusion, drive awareness and action, improve representation and engage with our community partners to make an impact outside of our offices
- Partner with senior leaders across the Company (operations, finance, risk, sales, marketing, etc.) to develop organization-specific plans for advancing DEI goals relative to the challenges and opportunities within each department
- Partner with our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), providing leadership, guidance and direction and that these groups have the appropriate resources and level of influence in the organization
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to equip every manager with the resources to build inclusive teams; design and facilitate in-person and virtual training
- Partner with the People Operations team to design appropriate performance standards that allow opportunities for success and advancement for all employees
- Partner with our employees and leaders to ensure every product, feature, and campaign is being designed with inclusion at the forefront
- Build meaningful initiatives and partnerships with customers, industry peers, and thought leaders in the world of DEI
- Partner with Marketing/Communications and Talent Acquisition to build an employer brand that resonates to candidates from all walks of life
- Represent Axon at events and public speaking engagements both internally and externally
What You Bring
- 8+ years of experience in diversity and inclusion roles working for high growth organizations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a high profile, strategic HR role with heavy executive-level interface
- Proven, progressive experience and demonstrated effectiveness leading global diversity and inclusion related initiatives and programs
- Ability to build high-performing teams, foster trust and lead through influence, both with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to execute global programs and build operational processes at scale with demonstrable results
- Experience in leveraging data to curate and deliver meaningful results including ROI, employee engagement and external relationships
- Excellent business judgement, problem framing and solving, project management and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in facilitation and presentation
- Critical thinking and listening skills
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Unlimited paid time off
- Mental health, gym, and HSA benefits
- Robust parental leave policy
- An incredible office/working environment
- And more...
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.