Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
You will be leading the development of the technology that will change society as a whole, while furthering Axon’s mission of Protect Life and Capture Truth! You will work lead some of the best and brightest engineering teams to develop the best possible product from early concept all the way to getting it to market. You will need to be agile, adaptive and creative to find the best solutions for the most critical of products – working with teams across the organization.
We make products for law enforcement and society as a whole – so being able to understand the balance and trade-offs to get the best possible products out there is critical.
What You’ll Do
Location: Onsite at our Scottsdale, AZ office
Reports to: VP of R&D Program Management
- Experience with leading cross functional teams
- Experience managing budgets and schedules to align to company goals
- Experience in product development: concept & feasibility, development and launch
- Experience working with teams of diverse technical backgrounds; electrical design, mechanical design, industrial design, software, firmware, and manufacturing
- Ability to apply analytical thinking to product development needs
- Ability to connect, network and influence others within a large product organization within a matrix environment
- Experience as being responsible for delivering a product or product component
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve and prioritize
- A problem solving mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently, ability to multitask and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial
What You Bring
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in program management in hardware development
- 5+ years of experience in building processes, project management, and schedules
- Experience and strong understanding of basic engineering principles and development
- Understand and communicate complex, technical/Engineering issues
- Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.