Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Location: Washington D.C. area ideal location, but open to remote. 50-75% Travel
Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
As Axon’s Federal Sales Account Executive, you will be responsible for assisting with the development and execution of the go-to-market strategy, solution generation, and sale of Axon’s less-lethal and software & sensors solutions into Federal markets. We are looking for experienced sales professionals that support either DHS agencies or DoD.
This role reports to the Director of Federal Sales
What You Do:
- Develop business strategies to capture the qualified opportunities
- Execute the strategy – including but not limited to – customer engagement and opportunity shaping, execution of bids and proposals, demos and or presentations, etc.
- Ultimately ensuring the successful win with the customer
- Partner with Axon’s Federal team to help establish and execute the customer contact plan, strengthen customer relationships, determine key decision makers, and to capture pertinent customer needs
- Help develop and execute the Federal market’s short, mid, and long-term strategies
- Establish and drive marketing campaign plans for the defense market with messaging and themes for tradeshows, conferences, publications, etc.
- Provide accurate and timely long-term forecasting of business
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with selling direct and into government contract vehicles
- Experience using Salesforce as your client relationship management tool
- Experience working with and understanding of federal government agencies and customers (Department of Defense & Intelligence community preferred or DHS and those agencies involoved)
- Extensive knowledge of federal acquisition regulations and federal government budgeting processes
- Clear, concise, and direct communication skills briefing senior business executives and customers
- Proven ability to provide accurate long-range forecasting of revenues, orders, and margins for your book of business
Benefits that Benefit You:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Uncapped commissions
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- Medical and Dental Insurance (Day 1)
- Vision Insurance
- Cell Phone Stipend
- And more...
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.