Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
Location: Must live near within an hour of a major airport and willing to travel 70%+, but can be based anywhere in the United States.
Reports To: Director of Sales, Corrections
Axon Strategic Account Executives are responsible for selling Axon products and services to mid-size to enterprise customers. This is a quota carrying, external field position. Ability to articulate complex solutions, build and maintain senior level relationships, navigate across customer agencies / units, and lead the Axon team to success is required. The position provides technical and administrative product information, demonstrations, and/or product training.
At Axon, our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions to the company’s mission to protect life. We are looking for intelligent people who want to do remarkable things. We strive to create an environment where people can succeed and enjoy coming to work every day.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and grow revenue and market share at designated agencies to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve Axon’s strategic objectives
- Develop and maintain client relationships to ultimately drive revenue growth
- Develop and execute account strategy by collaborating with account team to deliver stronger, more relevant value propositions
- Cultivate customer relationships and ensure effective service delivery to accounts
- Focus on customer's satisfaction, know the customer's business and workflows, develop proper contact network within accounts
- Support execution of strategy at the account level
- Work with and bring in experts/specialists where required
- Oversee all account activities
- Responsible for forecasting, keep management in touch with accounts in a timely fashion, gather intelligence on competitor activity, and give feedback to marketing
- Track customer activity in internal systems in order to execute on account strategy and identify additional opportunities
- May provide customer product training as necessary
- Accountable for individual expense budget management
- Own account relationship and drive overall customer satisfaction for assigned accounts
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of demonstrated successful customer facing Software (SaaS /Cloud) Sales Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a book of business of Major Accounts Solution or consultative sales experience
- Data management experience using Salesforce (preferred) or similar CRM
- Strong understanding of Virtualization and Cloud
- Able to travel 70% + (3-4 days a week on the road) including overnight travel
- Able to clearly and directly articulate complex solution offerings across technical and non-technical audiences
- Startup experience & some vertical experience
- Law Enforcement / Public Safety experience
- Able to clearly and directly articulate complex solution offerings
- Team Player: collaborate with various team members regularly
- Ready to own & drive the territory
Benefits that Benefit You:
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.