Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Axon is committed to improving public safety by developing cutting-edge, innovative technologies. Known for developing the original TASER energy weapon, the Axon engineering team is tasked with continual excellence to keep the organization at the forefront of the market.
Mechanical Design Engineers at Axon are key contributors to the overall architecture and sub-system designs of next generation life-saving technology. They’re intertwined closely during initial product conceptualization all the way through production, and their work is highly visible to even the most senior executives. You'll be joining a tight-knit team comprised of amateur grease monkeys, enthusiastic outdoorsman, aspiring pitmasters, and devoted dog lovers. Your passion for growth and learning will accelerate your development as you work alongside cross-functional partners including product managers, electrical engineers, industrial designers, and manufacturing teams. Your contributions are vital to the success of the team and ensuring the safety of the general public for generations to come.
What You'll Do
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Reports to: Sr. Mechanical Engineering Manager, TASER OR Principal Mechanical Design Engineer OR Mechanical Engineering Manager, Video Products
- Collaborate on innovative product development from conceptualization through manufacturing
- Utilize creative problem solving skills during ideation of new product architectural concepts for subsystem and system level designs
- Construct and analyze high fidelity proof-of-concept prototypes
- Perform correlated mechanical analysis to ensure proper function through FEA, tolerance analysis, testing, and other exploratory means
- Collaborate regularly with both domestic and international stakeholders
- Work autonomously and collaboratively in an empowering and fast-paced environment
- Hone your engineering expertise in a dynamic learning environment focused on personal and professional development
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of product design experience in high-end consumer electronic products
- Proficiency with Creo or similar 3D CAD software
- Knowledge in the design of plastic injection molded, stamped metal, die-cast, and machined parts
- Experience designing for a high level of dust/water ingress protection
- Experience with PCB/PCBA flex circuit and other electro-mechanical integration
- Understanding of DFM/DFA, with emphasis on part/assembly tolerance management, to ensure robust designs for high volume manufacturing
- Ability to interpret product requirements and translate into quantifiable engineering deliverables
- Experience preserving Industrial Design artistic intent in mechanical design implementation
- Effective communication and strong presentation skills
- Ability to balance and prioritize conflicting design constraints through analysis, testing, and creativity
- Collaboration with peers in a candid cross-functional team culture
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 80,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 140,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 100,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 160,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.