Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
The mission of the Axon Foundation Services (AFS) team is to build standardized reusable cloud-native platform capabilities such as automated infrastructure management, centralized security, centralized database management HA/DR and reliability, and many more to empower Axon products and services.
The mission-critical platform services AFS provides are the heart of all Axon products. Great products and experiences are built on robust platforms, and many stakeholders, from the end-product teams, and engineering teams. Our customers are the Axon products like Evidence.com, Axon Records, Axon Real Time Operations, and Axon Devices (TASER and Connected Cameras).
Here are some of the platform services AFS provides -
- Protect customer trust by securely authenticating users and third-party apps and enforcing permissions within all Axon products.
- Ingest and manage over 100PB of video evidence and securely store them from Axon body cameras and other third-party sources for evidentiary purposes.
- Ensure every critical event within Axon products gets captured through our audit services that protect the sanctity of evidence as it moves through the criminal justice system.
- GIS mapping services for staff productivity, effective emergency response to a crisis, and situational awareness tools.
- The standards and best-practices guidelines for all the products on operational excellence, incident response, and reliability engineering.
As a Senior Product Manager for Axon Foundation Services, you will work collaboratively across multiple functional teams (business, engineering, product, marketing, etc.). As well as build strong relationships with stakeholders from other organizations (requirements, design, priority, etc.) to align on and deliver key initiatives for the Axon products at a global scale. You will drive solutions to complex technical, product, and strategy problems and help shape the future of modern content management and workflow system for our public safety, courts, and federal customers.
What You’ll Do
Location: US Remote or Seattle, Washington
Reports to: Director of Product AFS
Direct Reports: None
- Establish the vision and strategy for cloud platform services or a group of cloud services based on the value we can provide.
- Develop strong partnerships with internal stakeholders and product teams to ensure requirements are captured and prioritized.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success & health.
- Build and manage product roadmap and backlog for your services, with justification for trade-offs and prioritization decisions and earn buy-in from stakeholders across Axon products.
- Provide regular two-way communication with senior management and internal customers regarding status, risks, mitigations, and change control.
- Role model excellent incident management: intercept relevant incidents, understand the cause, advocate the right customer-focused solution, leading retrospectives as needed.
- Supercharge Axon’s cloud storage efforts by defining vision and setting product roadmap, listening closely to our customers, and leading our teams to execute effectively.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years relevant Software Product Management experience ideally shipping complex, multi product/system solutions working directly with end users or customers to understand their needs and design/deliver products or services tailored to fit those needs.
- Success influencing and leading engineering and design teams as well as partnering with cross functional leadership in a fast-paced, dynamic environment of consistent growth.
- Direct experience working with engineers to balance scope, time to market, and functionality, constantly making trade-offs using qualitative, quantitative, and absent data.
- Strong leadership presence and ability to question and challenge the status quo at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working within an Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience with infrastructure and platform as a service offerings is a plus.
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match.
- Discretionary paid time off.
- Paid parental leave for all.
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans.
- Fitness Programs.
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support.
- Learning & Development programs.
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices.
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
*Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.