Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
As Axon's Automation Technician, you will be responsible for performing machine maintenance, operator training, quality testing, quality training, and data gathering. You will gain In depth product knowledge and maintain the highest quality levels. You will also be responsible for a diverse mixture of activities with a strong emphasis on interacting with automated production machines.
What You’ll Do
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Reports to: Manager, Automation Support
- Provide equipment support to improve tool performance
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions, determine corrective actions, and communicate with Automation Technicians to resolve issues
- Specify tools or equipment needed to perform operator tasks on the manual production line.
- Create, distribute, and deliver training to operators who perform manual operations or who interact with automated operations
- Participate in process reviews for products as required
- Conduct trials & report on results in order to improve and maximize equipment performance and utilization
- Engage in problem solving & brainstorming, both individually and as part of the Axon team.
- Lead Continuous Improvement efforts in regards to operators, equipment, tools and fixtures
- Exhibit safe working and communication practices to the team
What You Bring
- Associates degree in an engineering or technology discipline
- Hand’s on experience in a high technology field providing equipment support to improve manufacturing performance
- Strong mechanical and pneumatic aptitude
- Some knowledge of automated assembly equipment
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications
- Experience working with high volume automated systems
- Experience with machine vision
- Basic knowledge of PLC programs
- Machining experience. Mill and surface grinding.
- Knowledge in the use of measuring tools. Calipers and micrometer.
- Can read and understand schematics and part prints.
- Basic CAD skills. Solidworks preferred
- 5 years experience with automation
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.