Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Axon is looking for a detail-oriented and organized Event Coordinator to plan, manage and oversee Axon-owned events. This person will directly manage a number of Axon-owned events throughout the year, both internal and customer-facing, in addition to providing support to the Events team by managing special projects related to overall event strategy and marquee event activations.
What You’ll Do
Location: Onsite at our Scottsdale, AZ office 2-3 days a week
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Event
- Directly coordinate 4+ large-scale events annually (Tier 2 Axon-owned events - conferences, product showcases, etc.), both internal and customer-facing, while ensuring goals and audience expectations are always exceeded and the Axon brand is well represented
- Support the Sr. Manager of Events with planning, management and execution of Tier 1 Axon-owned events throughout the year
- Coordination of the entire lifecycle of events, including pre-event planning, internal communication to stakeholders, budget management, staffing, product requests, promotion strategies, admin duties, logistics, successful event execution, and post-event reporting
- Collaborate directly and often with sales and marketing team to set goals, activate plans and achieve outcomes
- Track ROI, engagement, and audience feedback to measure results, assess opportunities for improvement, and optimize future events
- Maintain a network of partners to assist with various aspects of event management, including venue sourcing, production, branding, sponsorship and onsite logistics.
- Review, manage and negotiate contracts with event vendors; leverage cost savings when applicable (production, logistics, transportation, A/V, special supplies/materials)
- On-site support for designated event activations to ensure successful execution
- Support other special projects within Events department as needed
What You Bring
- 2+ years of project management, experiential marketing and/or event experience
- Resourceful, detail-oriented and quick-thinking problem solver with a strong sense of urgency and work ethic
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to stakeholders
- A well-developed “team oriented” business perspective, bringing a positive attitude to the team and job each day
- Excellent organization and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to drive outcomes
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to achieve results
- Experience managing a budget, product inventory and multiple projects at once
- Enthusiasm and commitment to Axon's Mission and Core Values
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience (preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, and/or project management software (preferred)
- Experience working with or in Law Enforcement and/or government customers (preferred)
- Ability to stand for upwards of 8 hours a day; as well as lift, carry, move packages and materials up-to-50 lbs on a regular basis; with or without special accommodations, is required
- Moderate travel and extended work hours may be required; anticipated (15-25% of travel)
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 60,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 90,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 70,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 100,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.