Last updated: October 27, 2017
Scope and Application
By using Axon Citizen, you agree that you have read and understand this Policy and you accept and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. We may occasionally update this Policy. When we post changes to this Policy, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of this page. Your continued use of Axon Citizen will signify your agreement and acceptance to any such changes.
By submitting information through Axon Citizen, you represent and warrant that such submission and disclosure will not violate applicable laws and regulations.
Information You Provide and How It’s Used
Axon Citizen facilitates the transmission of information and content you voluntarily submit, including certain metadata associated therewith, (collectively, “Submissions”) to Axon’s partner law enforcement agencies that use the Axon Citizen product (each, an “Agency”). The Agency which requests Submissions through Axon Citizen receives those Submissions - once transmitted, the Submissions remain in the possession of the requesting Agency and Axon does not own or control any copies.
Agencies are not subject to this Policy. If you use Axon Citizen, the Agency to which you transmit the Submission will own and control such Submission, and the privacy practices of such Agency will apply.
Axon is not responsible for Agencies’ privacy practices and does not control the Submissions once transmitted to the requesting Agency. Axon makes no representations regarding Agencies’ privacy practices, or that any such privacy policies are consistent with this Policy. If you have any questions about any of your Submissions, please contact the Agency to which you transmitted the Submission.
Axon designates information derived from Submissions into three categories: (1) the Submissions themselves; (2) certain information associated with the Submissions; and (3) contact information voluntarily submitted by you.
- One type of information derived from Submissions are the images and audio comprising the Submissions themselves. This reveals different types of information, for example, the sounds of recorded voice and objects displayed in recorded video. The Submission is not altered by Axon in any way and is delivered to the requesting Agency as-is. By using Axon Citizen, you assign all right, title, and interest to the Agency requesting the Submissions.
- Also, the Submissions may contain certain metadata. You can configure some of this metadata through your device settings. Such metadata is associated with exchangeable image file format, which includes, for example, image resolution, device make and model, geo-tagging, and recording times. The requesting Agency may use this metadata to assess the relevancy of your Submission with the relevant incident.
2. Information Associated With Submissions
- Axon collects certain information associated with the Submissions to enable Axon Citizen to function.
- For example, Axon Citizen requires you to enter a phone number. This phone number is used by Axon to facilitate the delivery of a unique URL via SMS. In order to deliver the SMS, Axon may use sub-processors and other third parties to execute the delivery of the SMS. These sub-processors and third parties may log the phone number, message contents, and unique URL that is provided to such parties as part of the SMS delivery mechanisms.
- Additionally, Axon Citizen automatically collects certain details about your usage of Axon Citizen and your device. We may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of Axon Citizen, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through Axon Citizen. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the operating system, IP address, browser type, and mobile network information.
3. CONTACT INFORMATION
- When using Axon Citizen, you may choose to provide the Agency requesting the Submission certain contact information, such as your name, birth date, address, and phone number. The requesting Agency may use your contact information for a variety of purposes, including, for example, contacting you with questions about your Submission or establishing the veracity of your Submission. At no time does Axon control or own this contact information.
If you do not want us, the Agencies requesting Submissions, or our sub-processors and third parties to collect any of the information above, do not use Axon Citizen. You are solely responsible for the uploading and sharing of all Submissions. You consent to Axon’s use of your Submissions for the purpose of providing and supporting Axon Citizen to you and Agencies. You consent to the requesting Agency's use of your Submission for any purpose whatsoever.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that Axon transfers to your device's hard drive through your Web browser to enable Axon's systems to recognize your browser and tell Axon how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. The cookies placed by the Axon server are readable only by Axon, and cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on a computer.
The "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. To view more information regarding cookie settings please visit:
Mixpanel Mobile & Web Analytics
In order to prevent data collected by Mixpanel, users can visit https://mixpanel.com/optout/ to opt out.
Children Under the Age of 13
Axon Citizen is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com. As Axon does not control or own the Submissions, if you believe the Agency that requested your Submission has any information from or about a child under 13, please contact such Agency.
Data Security Measures
Axon is committed to help protect the security of your information. Axon will implement commercially reasonable and appropriate measures designed to secure you and your information against accidental or unlawful loss, access or disclosure.
We will not disclose your data or any information about you except as provided in this Policy, compelled by a court or administrative body, or required by law or regulation. We will give you notice if Axon receives any disclosure request for your data so you may file an objection with the court or administrative body. Please note, this section does not apply to how Agencies respond to these disclosure requests. If you have any questions or concerns regarding how Agencies respond to disclosure requests, please contact the Agency that requested your Submission.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy or Axon’s privacy practices, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.