Last updated: November 3, 2017
Content means all information and services displayed or provided by Axon Citizen. All Content belongs to or is licensed to Axon Enterprise, Inc. (“Axon”). Content includes text, photographs, artwork, graphics, icons, logos, audio, sounds, music, video, data compilations, user interfaces, visual interfaces, computer code, methods, “look and feel,” and arrangement of the Content. Content is protected by law including copyright, trademark, and trade dress.
Additional Terms and Conditions Governing Use of Axon Citizen
- Display the Content for your immediate, temporary, personal, non-commercial uses only; and
- Submit information through Axon Citizen to law enforcement agencies.
Unless another license applies to you, you may use Content purposely made available by Axon for downloading from Axon Citizen, provided that you: (a) use the unaltered downloaded copy only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose; (b) not make any additional representations or warranties relating to information contained in the downloaded copy; and (c) do not engage in any of the prohibited uses described below.
The following are Prohibited Uses by any User:
- Posting unlawful content. Upload, post, email, transmit, or make available any content that is unlawful.
- Uploading malicious content. You may not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Unauthorized transmission or display of Content. You may not copy, display, distribute, download, license, modify, publish, re-post, reproduce, reuse, sell, transmit, use to create a derivative work, or otherwise use the Content of Axon Citizen for public or commercial purposes.
- Unauthorized export of Site Content. You may not use or export or re-export any Content or any copy or adaptation of the Content, or any product or service offered on Axon Citizen, in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, including without limitation United States securities and export laws and regulations.
- Placing an unreasonable burden on Axon Citizen. You may not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of Axon Citizen or Axon's systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to Axon Citizen or Axon.
- Automatically Copying or Monitoring Axon Citizen. You may not use any “deep-link,” “page-scrape,” “robot,” “spider,” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of Axon Citizen or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of Axon Citizen or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through Axon Citizen.
- Inappropriately Gaining Access. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to Axon Citizen or Content, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Axon server or Content, through hacking, password mining or any other means or obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through Axon Citizen or Content.
- Limited rights. Creation of derivative works and sublicensing of Content are expressly prohibited.
- Use not expressly authorized. Content may not be distributed in any way (including “mirroring”) to any other computer, server, website or other medium for publication or distribution or for any commercial enterprise without Axon's express prior written authorization. You may not harass other users, send them unsolicited messages for commercial prospecting purposes, use Axon Citizen or services for purposes of surveys, competitions, pyramid selling, or similar operations, or for sending mass e-mails, spam, or any unsolicited advertising or promotional items, for commercial purposes or otherwise.
- Use incorrect information. You may not use incorrect information, use another user’s Account, assume another person’s identity, or present false credentials in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through Axon Citizen, services, or a public forum. You may not impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to a representative of Axon, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Use that exceeds the scope of these Terms. If Axon notifies you that the manner in which you are using Axon Citizen is a prohibited or unauthorized use, you may no longer use Axon Citizen for that particular purpose.
Monitoring of Site by Axon
Axon is not responsible for and does not support, approve, or sanction the opinions, advice and/or recommendations displayed or sent in any public forum, and declines any responsibility in this regard. We reserve the right to terminate your access to Axon Citizen and/or services if we determine, it our sole discretion, that doing so is prudent. Axon furthermore reserves the right to define additional rules of conduct and to place limits on the use of Axon Citizen, services, and public forums.
You may submit reviews, comments, or other feedback on Axon Citizen in public forums. Any comments, suggestions, or feedback relating to Axon Citizen products, or services (collectively, “Feedback”) submitted to Axon becomes the property of Axon or its licensors. We will not be required to treat any Feedback as confidential, and will not be liable for any ideas or our use of the Feedback (including without limitation, product, application, Site, service or advertising ideas). Without limitation, we will have exclusive ownership of all present and future existing rights to the Feedback of every kind and nature everywhere and will be entitled to use the Feedback for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever, without compensation to you or any other person sending the Feedback. You acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever material you submit, and you, not Axon, have full responsibility for the message, including its legality, reliability, and appropriateness, originality, and copyright.
Links to Other Sites
AXON CITIZEN, INCLUDING THE CONTENT AND AXON INFORMATION FOUND THEREON ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY CONCERNING THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR PRODUCTS OFFERED OR PROVIDED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH AXON CITIZEN AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL AXON, ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS OR ITS PREFERRED PARTNERS BE LIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, THE USE OF AXON CITIZEN OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE AXON CITIZEN, FOR ANY INFORMATION (INCLUDING AXON INFORMATION), SOFTWARE PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH AXON CITIZEN, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF AXON CITIZEN, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF AXON, ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS, OR ITS PREFERRED PARTNERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL AXON BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THESE USE OF ANY CONTENT. AXON IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR A USER'S MISUSE OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF ANY CONTENT.
Axon and its service providers are not liable for information on Axon Citizen that is inaccurate due to technical defects in software used on Axon Citizen, whether induced by their respective systems or by software provided by third parties.
If you use Axon Citizen from outside the United States of America, you are entirely responsible for compliance with applicable local laws, including but not limited to the export and import laws of other countries in relation to the materials and third-party content.
Termination of Use
Changes of Content and Terms and Conditions of Use
Limited Time to Bring Your Claim
You agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to Axon Citizen or any Content must be commenced within 1 year after the cause of action accrues; otherwise, the cause of action is permanently barred.
Severability of Conditions
Axon Citizen and Evidence.com are trademarks of Axon Enterprise, Inc. ©2017 Axon Enterprise, Inc. All rights reserved.