TASER Conducted Electrical Weapon (CEW) Basic Instructor Course
This course provides the basic operational theory and practical training to instruct users to reasonably safely and effectively operate TASER CEWs. This course covers the TASER X26P and X2 CEWs, and will certify those who successfully complete the course as TASER basic instructors for a period of 2 years from the date of certification. This course is open to sworn law enforcement officers, military personnel, and licensed professional security employees. Part 1 of the courses is completed online. Part 2 consists of practical training and final certification.
Topics covered include:
- TASER technology
- Neuro‐muscular incapacitation
- Medical and safety information
- Voluntary exposures
- Legal issues
- TASER CEWs
- Power sources
- TASER Cam and TASER Cam HD
- Tactical considerations
- Risks associated with CEW use
- Probe deployment and drive stun
- Probe removal
- Policy considerations
- Post incident consideration
Several knowledge assessments will be completed online as well as written tests during the practical day. The course also includes several drills and exercises requiring physical exertion. Students should be in good physical condition and must advise the Master Instructor of any preexisting injuries or physical limitations.
- Non‐Firing drills
- Firing drills
- Isolation exercises
- Stress courses
One-day course for all attendees. Fee is $325 per student. Certification period: 2 years from the date of certification
TASER Conducted Electrical Weapon (CEW) Master Instructor Course
This course provides advanced operational theory and practical train-the-trainer instruction to qualified students on the X26P and X2 CEW’s.
This certification is valid for two years and open to sworn law enforcement and military personnel.
(Please note that this course is not open to private security attendees).
Topics covered include:
- Advanced CEW operational theories
- Instructor development
- Mandatory CEW exposure
- Risk mitigation
- Legal updates
- Isolation drills
- Reactional drills
- Oral assessment
- Written assessment
Interested applicants must meet the following prerequisites prior to being considered for Master Instructor School attendance.
- Five years as a currently sworn law enforcement officer and/or five years of active military service
- Currently certified Basic TASER Instructor with a minimum of two years’ experience
- Must have delivered a minimum of 12 verifiable TASER CEW end-user certification courses
- Must be able to participate in all physical drills and activities throughout the Master Instructor course (full duty clearance required)
Please do not apply unless you are able to participate in a physically demanding training environment or you are on limited-duty status for any reason. This physical requirement applies to all students regardless of whether you are a new or recertifying Master Instructor candidate.
CEW Evidence Collection & Analysis Course
This one-day course is designed to provide students with critical information regarding Conducted Electrical Weapon (CEW) post-incident investigations. This includes, but is not limited to:
- CEW firing record analysis
- Smart Weapon Pulse Graph considerations
- Typical CEW error codes and corrective actions
- Physical and digital evidence considerations and analysis
The ECA course is open to all law enforcement and military personnel. Being a currently certified TASER end-user or instructor is not a prerequisite for this course.
Axon Body Worn Camera Course
This course covers the Axon body worn cameras, and will certify those who successfully complete the course as BWC users for a period of 2 years from the date of certification. This course is open to sworn law enforcement officers, military personnel, and licensed professional security employees. Part 1 of the courses is completed online. Part 2 consists of practical training and final certification.
Topics covered include:
- Axon Body 2 Camera
- Axon Flex 2 Camera
- Administrative Settings
- Video Redaction
- Case Sharing
- Audit Trails
- Axon apps including Device Manager
The fee is $600 for the certification. Certification period: 2 years from the date of certification
Private Security Approval Process
Axon allows private security companies to go through a waiver process in order to have one or more of their security officers certified as a TASER CEW Instructor.
- The company must receive a request of intent to achieve Instructor status
- The request must include a business license and state issued identification for each person
- Forms must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for review
If you’re interested in becoming an Instructor, please review the document below.
In order to view the schedule, you will need to submit a request for Axon Academy. Once your account is approved (within 48 hours), log in to complete the enrollment steps, which will be accessible under Training Events.