TASER Conducted Electrical Weapon (CEW) Instructor Course
This course provides the basic operational theory and practical training to instruct users to reasonably safely and effectively operate TASER CEWs. This course covers the TASER X26, X26P and X2 CEWs, and will certify those who successfully complete the course as TASER instructors for a period of 2 years. This course is open to sworn law enforcement officers, military personnel, and licensed professional security employees. Part 1 of the courses is completed online. New instructors will spend approximately 4 hours online before participating in 16 hours of practical training (Day 1 and Day2). Recertifying instructors will spend approximately 8 hours online before participating in 8 hours of practical training (Day 2).
Topics covered include:
- TASER technology
- Neuro‐muscular incapacitation
- Medical and safety information
- Voluntary exposures
- Legal issues
- TASER CEWs
- Power sources
- TASER Cam and TASER Cam HD
- Tactical considerations
- Risks associated with CEW use
- Probe deployment and drive stun
- Probe removal
- Policy considerations
- Post incident consideration
Several knowledge assessments will be completed online as well as written tests during Days 1 and 2. The course also includes several drills and exercises requiring physical exertion. Students should be in good physical condition and must advise the Master Instructor of any preexisting injuries or physical limitations.
- Non‐Firing drills
- Firing drills
- Isolation exercises
- Stress courses
Certification period: 2 years
Course Fee: $435 (new certification) or $225 (re-certification)
Evidence Collection & Analysis Course
This one-day course is designed to provide students with critical information regarding Conducted Electrical Weapon (CEW) post-incident investigations. This includes, but is not limited to:
- CEW firing record analysis
- Smart Weapon Pulse Graph considerations
- Typical CEW error codes and corrective actions
- Physical and digital evidence considerations and analysis
The ECA course is open to all law enforcement and military personnel. Being a currently certified TASER end-user or instructor is not a prerequisite for this course.
$200.00 per seat
Private Security Approval Process
TASER allows private security companies to go through a waiver process in order to have one or more of their security officers certified as a TASER CEW Instructor.
- A request must be received by the company on intent for achieving Instructor status
- Business license and state issued identification for each person must be included
- Forms must be email to email@example.com for review
- If you’re interested in becoming an Instructor, please review the document below
If you’re interested in becoming a licensee, please review the documents below.
In order to view the schedule, you will need to submit a request for Axon Academy. Once your account is approved (within 48 hours), log in to complete the enrollment steps, which will be accessible under Training Events.