Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP)
What is FedRAMP
The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program, or FedRAMP, is a government-wide program that provides a standardized approach to security assessment, authorization, and continuous monitoring for cloud products and services.
All U.S. federal agencies are required by Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) to procure information systems and services only from organizations that adhere to FISMA requirements. For cloud services, Federal agencies adhere by authorizing services that demonstrate their compliance with one of the FedRAMP security baselines.
To achieve a FedRAMP authorization, cloud service providers must undergo an independent security assessment conducted by a third-party assessment organization (3PAO) to ensure authorizations are compliant with FISMA and must maintain continuous monitoring requirements of FedRAMP.
Why is FedRAMP Important
- Under FISMA, the U.S. Office of Management and Budget now requires all federal agencies to use FedRAMP to validate the security of cloud services.
- Some U.S. state and local governments are also leverage FedRAMP for comparable needs at the local level.
- The FedRAMP authorization certifies that the cloud products and services meet NIST and FISMA defined standards.
What is Axon's current status
Axon is in process to achieve a FedRAMP Joint Authorization Board (JAB) Provisional Authority To Operate (P-ATO) at the Moderate Impact Level. Currently Axon is in 'FedRAMP In-Process' status and has performed or is performing the following activities:
- Prioritized for a JAB P-ATO through the FedRAMP Connect process
- Documented Axon's FedRAMP System Security Plan and Authorization Package
- Achieved 'FedRAMP In-Process' status with the FedRAMP Program Management Office (PMO)
- Is executing FedRAMP Continuous Monitoring with the FedRAMP PMO
- Is engaged with the PMO and JAB on the review and authorization of Axon's services
Which Axon products are In-Scope
The following service and products are included in the Axon's FedRAMP authorization package:
|US Federal Region of Evidence.com*|
|Evidence.com for Prosecutors**|
|Evidence.com CAD/RMS Integration|
|US Region of Evidence.com|
|Non-US Regions of Evidence.com|
|Axon View (iOS and Android)|
|Capture (iOS and Android)|
|Device Manager (Android)|
|Fleet Cameras, Devices and Applications|
|Camera Dock and Accessories|
|TASER Smart Weapons and Accessories|