Last updated: May 9, 2022
By using AFRN, you acknowledge that you have read and understand this Policy and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions. Axon may occasionally update this Policy. When Axon posts changes, Axon will revise the “last updated” date at the top of this page. Your continued use of AFRN will signify your agreement and acceptance to any such changes.
- “Axon Products” means: (1) Axon Cloud Services; (2) Axon Virtual Reality; (3) devices sold by Axon (including, without limitation, conducted energy weapons, cameras, sensors, and docking systems) (collectively, “Axon Devices”); (4) other software offered by Axon (including, without limitation, Axon Capture, Axon Evidence SYNC, Axon Device Manager, Axon View, Axon Interview, Axon Commander, Axon Uploader XT, and Axon View XL) (collectively, “Axon Client Applications”); and (5) ancillary hardware, equipment, software, services, Axon Online Support Platforms, cloud-based services, documentation, and software maintenance releases and updates. Axon Products do not include any third-party applications, hardware, warranties, or the 'my.evidence.com' services.
- “CCPA” means the California Consumer Privacy Act, Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq., its implementing regulations, together with any amending or replacement legislation.
- “Cross-content Behavior Advertising” means targeting of advertisements to a consumer based on the consumer’s Personal Information obtained from the consumer’s activity across businesses, distinctly branded websites etcetera.
- “Data Controller” means the natural or legal person, public authority, or any other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data (as defined below).
- “GDPR” means Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the Processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
- “Personal Data/Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- “Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- “Sale” means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available or transferring a consumer’s Personal Information by the business to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
- “Sharing” means sharing, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available or transferring a consumers Personal Information by the business to a third party for Cross-content Behavior Advertising whether or not for monetary or other valuable consideration.
- “Sensitive Personal Data” means Personal Data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, or the processing of genetic data, or biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation.
- “Supervisory Authority” means an independent public authority which is established by an European Union Member State or the United Kingdom pursuant to the applicable set of privacy laws.
- “UK-GDPR” means Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the Processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, as it applies to the United Kingdom.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Axon may collect and process different types of Personal Data in the course of operating our business and providing our Services, this includes:
Personal Data collected from you
- Account Information. Your login credentials like username and password and related account details such as email address, devices registered, account status or status of your subscription to AFRN or features of AFRN, account age, account preferences or account settings
- User ID - Data we collect based on the login type chosen by you such as Facebook ID, Google ID, Twitter ID, Email ID, Apple ID
- Device Information and Unique identifiers. Data from which your device could be identified, such as device serial number, or about your device such as browser type
- Contact Information. Data that can be used to contact you such as first and last name, email address, phone number, physical address, mailing address and other contact information
- Payment information. Data about your billing address and form of payment such as payment card number, or bank account number
- Transaction Information & Purchase History. Your account purchases or purchase tendencies including your subscription start and end dates, or pricing
- Usage Data. Data about your activity on and use of AFRN, such as launches of AFRN; search history, browsing history, interactions with AFRN and our content such as taps, clicks, scrolling information, video viewed and length of time it is viewed; Advertising data such as information about the advertisement you have seen; and other information about how you interact with AFRN.
- Location Data. Data about your current location, which we get from your signals such as IP Address or device settings or Permissions. You are always in control and can stop sharing your location at any time through your Device’s settings, or website browser settings. Location data will be used for advertising and will enable our third party advertisers to target ad’s based on your device location
- Fraud Prevention Information. Data used to help identify and prevent fraud
- Diagnostics, Service Operations, and Security Data. This includes information such as: crash logs; application, host, and infrastructure logs, performance data, and other diagnostic data
- Support Data. Data that we may collect when you contact or engage Axon for support. Support data includes, without limitation, information about hardware or software; details gathered related to the support incident, such as contact authentication information, information about the condition of the device, the application where the fault occurred; diagnostic, system and registry information about software installation and hardware configurations; and error tacking files.
- Sensitive Personal Data. We do not seek to collect or otherwise process Sensitive Personal Data in the ordinary course of our business. This may include your health data, racial or ethnic data, sexual orientation, pregnancy or childbirth information, disability, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, political opinion, genetic information, or biometric data. Where it becomes necessary to process your Sensitive Personal Data for any reason, we rely on your prior express consent, where required by law, for any processing which is voluntary. If we process your Sensitive Personal Data for other purposes, where applicable, we rely on the following legal bases: (i) detection and prevention of crime (including the prevention of fraud); and (ii) compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Enabled Permissions on our App. When you are using the application based versions of AFRN, we may ask for certain permissions to enable features. You will be asked directly on the app if you would like to enable these permissions. The permissions are optional , however, if you do not enable permissions the applicable feature may not be available to you. For example, Photo and Video Permission to enabling clipping features, Notification Permission to enable Axon to send you notifications on your device, Bluetooth and Connecting to devices on your local network Permissions to enable you to use our casting features.
- Other Information you provide to us. Data such as content of your communication with Axon, including interaction with customer support and contacting us through social medial channels or at AFRN events.
Personal Data collected from other sources
- At your Direction. You may direct other individuals or third parties to share data with Axon. For example, AFRN may offer you the ability to login to AFRN with credentials at Facebook, Twitter, Google, or other third-party services. If you decide to utilize this feature and accept these terms of the third party, you are granting those third-party services the right to share Personal Data with AFRN in order to provide you with access to AFRN.
- Individuals. Axon may collect data about you from other individuals, for example, if that individual invited you to participate in AFRN or shared AFRN content with you.
IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide Personal Data to Axon. However, if you fail to provide Personal Data when requested, which is necessary for us to provide a product or service to you, we may not be able to complete your request. For example, without your email, we will not be able to create an account.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS USED
Unless specified otherwise above or at the time of collection, Axon may use your Personal Data to operate, evaluate, and improve our business and provide our Services including:
- App/Platform Functionality. Using data to enable AFRN functionality such as to authenticate users, enable features, ensure server up-time, minimize app/platform crashes, improve scalability and performance, or perform customer support
- Account management. Using data to setup and manage your account. For example, to enable you to create accounts, log into AFRN, or verify your credentials
- Developer communications. Using data to send news or notifications about you or AFRN. For example, sending a push notification to inform you about an important security update
- Fraud prevention, security, and compliance. Using data for fraud prevention, implementing and managing security measures, or compliance with laws. For example, monitoring failed login attempts to identify possible fraudulent activity
- Analytics. Using data to evaluate your behavior, including to understand the effectiveness of existing product features, plan new features, or measure audience size or characteristics. For example, to see how many users are using a particular feature, to monitor app/platform health, to diagnose and fix bugs or crashes, or to make future performance improvements
- Product Personalization. Using data to customize what you see, such as a list of recommended products, posts, or suggestions. For example, suggesting playlists based on your viewing habits
- Axon Marketing and Advertising. Using data to display or target ads or marketing communications, or measure ad performance. Such as displaying first-party ads in AFRN, sending marketing communications directly to you, or sharing data with entities who will display ours ads, or sending push notifications, where applicable, to increase engagement
- Third Party Advertising/Targeting Ads to you. Using data to understand your behavior and to build a profile of your interests so that we are able to display third-party ads or content in AFRN that we believe are of interest to you, or sharing data with entities who display third-party ads, or sharing data with advertising partners. We in particular use a combination of Name, Email Address, Physical Address, User ID, Device Information, Transaction Information & Purchase History, Usage Data, Location Data, and Support data. Location Data is used to send targeted ads via our push notifications
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations. Comply with applicable laws and regulations, including laws outside your country of residence. This may include satisfying tax or reporting obligations, or to comply with a lawful governmental request
- Enforcement of policies, terms & conditions. Enforce our policies, terms & conditions, or as necessary to establish, exercise and defend legal rights
- Protection. Protect our rights, privacy, safety, security, property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
If you are an individual in the United Kingdom, European Economic Area, or Switzerland, our legal basis for the collection and processing of your Personal Data is as follows:
- contractual obligations to facilitate and process transactions that take place when you interact with Axon, such as when you sign up for AFRN or make a purchase;
- consent, where applicable and required by law; and
- legitimate interest to: provide and support the delivery of our Services; foster relationship/networking with customers; grow Axon’s business; ensure you are not omitted from receiving information about products, promotions or events you may have an interest in; investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity; enforce & protect the rights and properties of Axon or its affiliates; protect the rights and personal safety of Axon employees and third parties on or using the Services or Axon Products; and for the purposes which may be required by applicable laws and regulations.
Information about Axon customers is an integral part of our business. Axon neither rents nor sells your Personal Data to anyone except as described in this Policy. We share your Personal Data only with entities that control or are controlled by or under common control of Axon, and as described below:
- Agents/Service Providers. Axon employs other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and may need to share your Personal Data with them to provide our Services to you. Examples may include removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing information, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. In all cases where we share your information with such agents, we explicitly require the agent to adhere to this Policy. Additionally, when Axon wishes to transfer this information to a third-party acting as an agent, it will only do so if the third-party agent enters into a written non-disclosure agreement.
- Third Party Advertising Service Providers. Axon may use a variety of third party advertising networks, data exchanges, traffic measurement service providers, marketing analytics service providers and other third parties. The provider may provide services such as serve advertisements on AFRN, facilitate targeting of advertisements and/or measure and analyze advertisement effectiveness and/or traffic on AFRN. Such services may enable us to display advertisements based on your use of AFRN and other websites you have visited.
- Others. Except as described in this Policy, Axon will not share the Personal Data you provide to Axon with third parties without your permission, unless to: (i) respond to duly authorized information requests of police and governmental authorities; (ii) comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, or court order; (iii) investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity; (iv) enforce/protect the rights and properties of Axon or its subsidiaries; or (v) protect the rights and personal safety of Axon employees and third parties using Axon Products; or (vi) enable a reorganization, merger or sale.
Axon has its headquarters in the United States. Information we collect from you will be processed in the United States. Your Personal Data may also be transferred to other Axon companies, branches and service providers, including outside the UK, EEA, and Switzerland, and will be stored and processed manually and electronically through global systems and tools for the purposes described in the above section “How Your Personal Data is Used.” Axon has appropriate safeguards in place to protect your Personal Data.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
Axon will only retain Personal Data for as long as needed for the specific purpose in which it was obtained, or as otherwise required by applicable laws or regulations. For more information on where and how long your Personal Data is stored, please contact us at email@example.com.
KEEPING PERSONAL DATA SECURE
Axon is committed to help protect the security of your Personal Data. Axon has established and implemented policies, programs and procedures that are commercially reasonable and in compliance with applicable industry practices, including administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of Personal Data against unauthorized access, use, modification, disclosure and other misuse. Axon will take appropriate steps to ensure compliance with the data security measures by its employees, contractors and Agents, to the extent applicable to the respective scope of performance.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- Access and obtain a copy of your Personal Data on request
- Require Axon to change incorrect or incomplete Personal Data
- Require Axon to delete or stop processing your Personal Data, for example where the Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data where Axon is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing
- Opt-out of the Sale or Sharing of your Personal Data
- Opt-out of marketing communication. Please know if you opt-out of marketing communication, you may still receive occasional service-related messages
- Withdraw your consent in circumstances where consent is the legal basis for processing.
You also have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising your Privacy Rights. Please know Axon will not discriminate against you for exercising your Privacy Rights.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights or have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are located in the UK, EEA, or Switzerland and you believe that Axon has not complied with your data protection rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the UK, Switzerland, or the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner (“ICO”). Contact details for the ICO can be found at https://ico.org.uk/.
CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
Axon takes seriously its obligations under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act concerning the collection of Personal Data from individuals under the age of 13. AFRN is not directed at children, as Axon requests that children under the age of 13 not provide Personal Data through AFRN.
The Axon websites or platforms may permit you to link to other websites on the Internet, and other websites may contain links to the Axon websites. Those other websites are not under Axon’s control, and such links do not constitute an endorsement by Axon of those other websites, or the services offered through them. The privacy and security practices of websites linked to or from the Axon websites or platforms are not covered by this Policy, and Axon is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of those websites.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Axon may use “cookies” and other technologies. These technologies help us to provide key functions necessary for our Services to function like fraud detection, security management, and sign-in/authentication. These technologies also enable us to store your preferences and settings, personalize the content you view, better understand user behavior such as pages visited or content you interacted with, and where applicable, to serve interest based adds to you and measure the effectiveness of these ads.
- Necessary. Necessary cookies and similar technologies are required to provide the Service you are requesting. For example enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of a website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies and similar technologies.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies and similar technologies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Services, in particular websites or applications. They help us to know which pages or content are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Services, in particular websites or applications. All information these cookies and similar technologies collect is aggregated. If you do not allow these cookies and similar technologies, we will not know when you have visited the relevant Services, in particular websites or applications, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional Cookies. These cookies and similar technologies enable our Services, in particular websites or applications to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies and similar technologies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies. These cookies and similar technologies may be set through our Services, in particular websites or applications by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. They do not store directly Personal Data, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies and similar technologies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social Media Cookies. These cookies and similar technologies set by a range of social media services that we have added to our Services, in particular websites or applications to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies and similar technologies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
CONDITIONS OF USE
If you decide to use our Services, your use and any possible dispute over privacy, unless otherwise stated, is subject to this Policy, arbitration of disputes, and Arizona law.
Axon takes privacy seriously. Complaints surrounding this Policy can be directed to your local Axon representative or email@example.com. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the privacy and security of your Personal Data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.